Having reached an advanced age before this admittedly crazy idea that I might have something to say about a Historical Mary is finished with me…and, being an amateur in the field of feminist biblical studies, I came to the realization that I will not suddenly get any more credible the older I get, and so have decided to blog my manuscript.
I am not a complete upstart…I have been writing in the historical field in a small way…and have a few things published…in a small way.
- The Parable, A Story of Jesus, Son of Joseph (“historical” new-age fiction of Jesus at the age of bar mitzvah in which Mary stood up and unexpectedly took center stage), Donning Publishers, Norfolk VA, 1979)
- A Survivor on the Banks of the Grand River, historical company history of a pre-Civil War company published in Western Reserve Magazine, May-June 1983. Won Best Article on History, Genealogy, Architecture or Antiques in Lake County from the Lake County Historical Society, Mentor, OH, 1983.
- About 12 articles for the St. Charles County Historical Society Quarterly Journal, earning three “best article of the year” awards. Four of the articles were included in a 20-year anthology of Heritage articles published by the Society in 2006 called Heritage Treasures.
- Was first author in a team effort writing for the Celebrate St. Peters Historic Committee, St. Peters at its Best, published by the city in 2009
- A.C.F., American Car & Foundry, The “Car Shops” on the west bank of the Missouri River, published by the St. Charles County Historical Society, 2013
- St. Charles County Missouri History Through a Woman’s Eyes, published by the Society in July 2014.